In a world where data breaches and cybercrime are increasingly common, business as usual may leave you vulnerable. In the event of a disaster or other unexpected event, having access to your technology assets is critical.
Companies often tackle security issues with year-over-year expenditures on staff and technology, leaving the problem to an overworked IT department. This can be expensive and inefficient, and often misses the overall strategic goal of decreasing organizational risk.
There’s a better way to manage and reduce risk. A Mariner Risk Management Program built around an end-to-end suite of Security Services will increase your organization’s capabilities with a customized security strategy. This can include a prioritized roadmap of investments based on risk/impact and compliance with the industry standards to which your organization must adhere.
A custom Mariner Risk Management Program could include not only CISO as a Service services but also:
Security Testing reveals flaws in the security mechanisms of an information system and includes the recommended remediations.
- Vulnerability Testing examines the security posture of your IT infrastructure and systems, and the physical security and stability of the premises.
- Penetration Testing verifies that the implemented systems/controls are not exploitable through means other than the obvious ones. This type of test can show whether a weakness is exploitable in the real world.
- Phishing occurs when an email appears to be from a trusted source, but it’s a cybercriminal attempting to steal confidential information. We can conduct Phishing Email Testing to make sure your workforce is as prepared as possible to prevent a security breach.
Security Audits can be costly, but our experienced and certified professional team can help decide what needs to be audited, resulting in decreased audit findings and additional costs. We’ll prepare you for external security audits (ISO27001, ISO22301, AUP, PCI-DSS, SOC, CSA, etc.) by helping to identify and review the required resources and evidence.
Risk Assessments evaluate threats, vulnerabilities, impacts and residual risks inherent in your organization’s IT systems and creates a plan to address them. Understanding the security risks you face allows you to manage expenditures and plan for improved security of internal and customer data. Regular risk assessments are a requirement of most security standards including ISO27001 and PCI-DSS. Examples of risk assessments that Mariner can provide include:
- A Business Impact Assessment (BIA) gives you a plan to follow in the event of a natural disaster or other external force that impacts your operations. Recovery Plans require an annual BIA to ensure the risks and threats to an organization haven’t changed or evolved.
- A Privacy Impact Assessment helps you better plan for the management and handling of personal information, especially when launching a new or modified service
- Third Party Risk Assessments can help you ensure that third party organizations with which you plan to do business have appropriate security controls in place as well.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery are essential to any size of organization so you can be prepared for natural, man-made or environmental disasters and business interruptions. Mariner can help build, modify, maintain or test these plans with the help of one of our Certified Business Continuity Professionals.
Cloud services are being used every day now so knowing that your organization can use cloud services safely is critical. Mariner can provide a cloud migration readiness assessment, a third party due diligence on your planned cloud services provider, assist with responsibility matrix creation for cloud, or even help your cloud business with a Cloud Security Alliance Security assessment.
If you’re providing a managed project to a client or a third party is delivering a project to you, Mariner has experience evaluating, compiling and measuring the security requirements that you might need. We can provide you with a security matrix for your project based on industry standards and/or your own specific security requirements.